Green tea has long been heralded as the holy grail of health teas, but now there’s a new tea on the block and it tastes wonderfully delicious.
Cacao husk tea is made from the fibrous outer shells of cacao beans, and when these husks are steeped in water, they create a concoction that tastes very similar to chocolate. Aside from health benefits the tea is believed to have, cacao husk tea is also environmentally friendly.
Cacao husks have historically been considered a by-product of other food products, but by using as the main ingredient in tea, it becomes a sustainable and waste-reducing high-quality product.
In Chiang Mai, .natura company produces and distributes this delicious drink, along with other healthy products. Their unique brewed drink sits somewhere in between dark chocolate and tea: it is as rich and tasty as dark hot chocolate, with no sugar, no dairy, no gluten and almost no calories.
In addition to its delicious taste, cacao husk tea has a number of health and wellbeing benefits:
1. It is rich in nutrients: as a cacao bean by-product the husks contain similar nutrients to the beans, such as vitamins A and B, iron, zinc, calcium and magnesium.
2. It is great for diabetics: cacao husk tea contains no sugar or additives, and will not affect blood sugar levels.
3. It is full of antioxidants.
4. It is low in calories: because cacao husk tea contains no sugar, gluten or additives, it’s naturally low in calories.
5. And of course it can boost your mood! Cacao husk tea contains theobromine, which is a naturally occurring compound found in cacao plants and tea leaves. It’s a slow release stimulant providing a gentle pick-me-up without the raw boost from caffeine.
Out of all the ways to taste chocolate, drinking cacao husk tea is easily the healthiest!
.natura sells this delicious super food product online for 120 THB/box of 10 tea bags. If you haven’t try it yet, just check it out. You will fall in love with it!
Tel. 089-956 8453