The Universe is You!
Digital art + Painting Exhibition
3 December to April, 2018
@ Wattana Art Gallery
Art exhibition “Digital Art & Painting” by Wattana Wattanapun in collaboration with Billy Warhol, a Canadian artist. Wattana Art Gallery is located 100/1 Moo10, soi Wat Umong, Suthep Road, Chiang Mai. Tel. 089-429 1883
2nd Butoh Dance Festival
Japanese Dance Theatre
7-9 December 2018
@ Dream Space Gallery Chiang Mai.
Butoh dance is a kind of Japanese dance theatre that encompasses a diverse range of activities, techniques and motivations for dances, performances or movements. Chiang Mai will host a festival of Butoh Dance in December and it will be organized at Dream Space Gallery, 98/1 soi 3 Ragang Road, Haiya. Tel. 053-449 288. Tickets from THB 300.
5-11 December, 2018
@ Nimman Soi 1, Chiang Mai
With different styles of stores and vibrant colours, Nimman soi 1 is one of the most arty and chic streets of Chiang Mai. In December they will host during one week the annual Nimmanhaemin Art and Design Promenade (NAP) which will feel this trendy street with local and modern arts, unique craftworks, performances, workshops and delicious food stands
Winter Season Festival
at Muangkaen Pattana
25 December - 3 January, 2018.
@ Muangkaen Pattana Municipality, CM.
Muangkaen Pattana Municipality is located
close to Mae Ngat Dam, you can stop
by this fun event, on the way back from
Uncle Detch’s tea plantation (see cover story).
This festival is organized in the countryside
and decorated with thousands of beautiful
at Doi Mae Salong
8 December - 2 January, 2018
@ Doi Mae Salong, Chiang Rai
Enjoy drinking tea from Doi Mae Salong and watching the local Sakura blossom, a beautiful pink little flower which can be seen at Doi Mae Salong ainsi que Doi Inthanon.
Marvelous Umbrella Lanna
December to 15th January 2018.
@ Phranon Mae Pukha, Sankampaeng.
This colourfull umbrella festival is organized in the Phranom Mae Pukha temple. For this occasion, Phranon Mae Pukha temple is decorated with a thousand of umbrellas and you can walk around and enjoy the great work by local villagers.
Royal Project Fair 2018
Fruits, Vegetables and Flowers Fair
20-23 December, 2018 from 9am to 8pm
@ Chiang Mai University Convention Hall
The Royal Project is well known for the quality of its fruits and vegetable. Once a year, this event showcases the best of their production, as well as flowers, trees, natural cosmetics and dry food. This event is as famous amongst locals as with expats.
Tao Garden’s Events
Tao Garden 15th’s Anniversary
- Chi Nei Tsang II & Life Pulse - Dec. 2-8, 2018 Course by Jutta Kellenberger. This course uses the elbow technique.
- Chi Nei Tsang III (Tok Sen) - Dec. 9-11, 2018 Course by Jutta Kellenberger. Tuition fee THB 6,000, not inclusive of accommodation.
- Basic UHT Practices-39 formulas - Dec. 10-14, 2018 Introduction, massage, Microcosmic Orbit, Wisdom Chi Kung.
- Access Bars - Dec. 13-15, 2018 Course by Christa Ohly. The invitation to Access is to unlocking you from the polarity, imprisonment, conditioning and limitation of your thoughts, feelings and emotions.
- Emotional Detox through Tantric - Dec. 18-22, 2018 Course by Mal Weeraratne.
- Tai Chi I & Iron Shirt III - Dec. 24-28, 2018 Course by William U Wei (Jon Weston).